Skip to main content

What it is like to be a Student at NCC?

(Posted on behalf of Zander Johnson)
Have you ever wanted to get involved or are looking for ways to enhance your college experience?  I have been there as well. When joining NCC, I had already had some college experience under my belt, but I wanted to make sure I was making the most of my time here. Personally, I think that college is way more than just going to class and getting your diploma. College is about the connections that you make and the experiences that you have. It is everything from the first time that you walk through the school doors until the day you walk off the other side of that stage, the friends you make, the clubs you are a part of, the study groups you participate in, and so much more. 



In my time here at NCC, I have strived to make the most of these experiences. I have been in the GSA, Student Senate, as well as started the Entertainment Appreciation Club where we brought live music to the NCC campus.

I have now had the lucky opportunity to join the Board of Trustees as a Student Ambassador. While I never thought I would have been a part of this program, I am so happy that I said yes. In being an ambassador, I have the chance to see the school system from a new perspective that I wouldn't have otherwise, I have the chance to effect change for students, and get to meet people that I may have never met otherwise. I have the chance to be a direct voice of the student. How many times have you sat there and thought, "I really wish we had this or that we could do that?" My position allows me to bring that thought to the powers that be and ask for them. While not everything may make it beyond the meeting table, it gives that thought a voice and a chance to become more. 

If I could leave you with anything after all my time in the college system, it would be to take the chance and branch out. When visiting NCC, or even when you are looking to move on to your 4-year program; ask yourself what kind of services do they offer, how can you become involved, and how can you help make your voice heard?

- Zander Johnson


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Message From Robyn Griswold

Hey everyone! I have asked to share this message from the VP of Academic Affairs.  Hello NCC Students! My name is Robyn Griswold and I’m the Vice President of Academic Affairs at NCC. As we are all making the transition to online learning this week, I wanted to check in with everyone and pass along some important announcements to support your academic success in these challenging times. 1. As noted in the document,  Adjusting your study habits during COVID-19 : “Things may feel out-of-control right now. You may be facing a lot of unknowns and disruptions. Try to be patient with yourself, your classmates, and your instructors during this time. Take care of your well-being first. Making a plan and adjusting your studying may help you feel even a little sense of control.” I recommend you take a few minutes to read through more of this document by clicking  here . You’ll find helpful strategies and links to resources for making a successful adjustment to online learning.

Denim Day is April 28th

 Show your support for survivors of sexual Assault on the 28th by wearing a pair of Denim Jeans. Also, be sure to download the UsafeUS app on the app store. Finally, If you or someone you know needs to seek support around Domestic Violence or Sexual Assault, NCC partners with Bridges Domestic and Sexual Violence Support. They have a 24 hour support line at 603- 883-3044 and other services available on their website, https://www.bridgesnh.org/

Thank You NCC, Love, Kati

Good morning NCC! This week, as you know, is our last week of the semester. For me, this means my last week of college (at least for the foreseeable future) and my last day as a Marketing and Communications intern at NCC.  First I want to say that starting this student blog has been such a fun experience for me. I have blogged before, both for school and for fun, but it’s been a privilege working to create a space for students to come, read, and share content that they and their peers have created. I know that the blog hasn’t grown very much since we’ve started it, and I didn’t expect it to. But I hope that it at least served a purpose for some of you, and I know that it will live on past my time here at NCC. What’s Next for the Blog? The NCC Students blog will be taken over in the fall by a new student editor. Although we do not have an individual to take it over yet, I trust that someone talented and hardworking will step in and make it even better than I could. Over the summer, facu